The Hello Blonde Lovers!
If you are following me on social media, you already know that I went to Bulgaria to visit my family. I spent 10 days in my home town Varna. It was so nice to spend time with my family. We stayed at my grandparents house with my aunt and uncle and my cousins. It was so fun being under one roof again, just like when we were kids!
Since we never properly introduced ourselves when we started this blog, I thought this post will be a good place to share a little bit more about myself. As I already mentioned, I grew up in Varna, Bulgaria. I moved to Florida with my parents 7 years ago, during my senior year of high scool. My mom likes to remind me that I told my parents they “ruined my life” bringing me here. Huh? Now I can’t imagine living anywhere else. People often ask me where I feel like home is, and honestly it’s really hard to say. Florida feels like my second home having my parents and boyfriend here, but Bulgaria will always be my home.
Here are a few fun facts about me:
1. I’ve lived by the beach my whole life and I hate going to the beach.
2. I am so pale, I can never get a natural tan. Maybe that explains why I hate tanning.
3. I love living by the water and my dream house has a huge terrace foreseeing the water. When I chose to move to St. Pete for college, I had no idea where I was going. Everyone was telling me to go to Orlando. I chose St. Pete because it was surrounded by water and beaches.
4. My boyfriend is also Bulgarian but we actually met in Florida. He is a ballroom dance instructor and I still don’t know how to dance.
5. I have a bunny which you’ve probably seen in pictures. His name is Zaio which means “bunny” in Bulgarian.
6. I like long walks which I never find time for anymore.
7. My favorite food is Mexican and Italian. And of course Bulgarian!
8. I used to eat anything that comes my way, never exercised or thought about my health, until 3 months ago when I decided I need to be more healthy and signed up for personal training. I already feel better with the little I have done. Now that I am back from my trip, I plan to continue. I am excited to see how much I can do and where will this take me.
9. I don’t really have a favorite color. I am a very trendy gal so my favorite color usually changes every season with the trends.
10. I love to travel but I am always too busy with work and life. I had saved all my vacation hours for this trip to Bulgaria. Next trip I have planned is a weekend in Miami for Labor Day to celebrate my birthday.
Hope this post will help you get to know me a little better. I don’t want to make it longer than it already is, so stay tuned for next post where I will talk about my career and how we started the blog.